Author Topic: How to adjust DST with two adjustment screws?  (Read 870 times)

Offline Kynoch

• Starting Member
How to adjust DST with two adjustment screws?
« on: October 30, 2023, 12:31:35 AM »
I have rifle that will only remained cocked if the trigger is set. I’ve tried a number of different ways to adjust both triggers but cannot find a combination of adjustments that will allow me to cock the rifle unset. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Offline Fyrstyk

• "All I ask of living is to have no chains on me."
Re: How to adjust DST with two adjustment screws?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 01:03:32 AM »
It is possible that you have single phase, double set triggers.  They require the rear trigger to be set before the gun can be fully cocked and fired.  I have several guns with these triggers.  They are usually found on older guns, or target guns, but still can be had from catalogs.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 07:05:33 PM »
Can't understand the rear trigger. The front screw of course, manages the hair trigger's 'pull' force.
Double set, single throw triggers must be set before the cock will hold at full bent position.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 08:14:34 PM »
I have had several of those triggers and the screw between the two triggers adjusts the amount of trigger engagement between the two triggers on all those I have.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 08:19:04 PM »
The rear screw is likely a stop for the trigger's mainspring.  If it were not there, the mainspring would continuously press down on the back trigger forcing its arm hard up on the sear bar, and prevent the lock from being cocked unless the rear trigger is set.  The screw allows the rear trigger to float without tension until it is pulled back.  That back screw allows you to tune the triggers so that a very short movement of the back trigger engages the front trigger, setting it, yet the back trigger can be under considerable force from the mainspring, and even with this short throw, has sufficient powder to trip the sear.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Grischi

• Youtube: 'Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?'
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 09:27:48 PM »
Maybe this helps (from Pedersoli manual):

Christian