Author Topic: Side open patchbox  (Read 705 times)

Offline ed lundquist

Side open patchbox
« on: February 07, 2024, 04:24:24 AM »

Took me awhile to get this in. I'm going to run a border around it and need to devise a latch and spring. I've done searches but alot of the pictures are gone, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'm pretty sure I can make it work ok but any help would be great. Thanks.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Re: Side open patchbox
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:58:48 AM »
Ed,

If you will send me links to the posts with missing pictures, or how to find them, I'll try to restore them.  We have a fix for some of the pictures that were lost in the great PhotoBucket debacle, but unfortunately not all can be restored.

Ron
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 06:03:30 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline ed lundquist

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 03:33:52 PM »
Thanks,Ron. I found the posts from Taylor and Fred Lehto and that should keep me busy.The one you posted will work as well .Thanks

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 09:40:07 PM »
If you're going to do a Bucks County style gun, the setup Ron posted would be the historically correct one.
John
John Robbins

Offline ed lundquist

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 02:21:11 AM »

John, this is a hybrid Rupp/Kuntz box, I am undecided on the latch and spring as options have appeared and I haven't made those decisions yet. The Kuntz box with the border pg. 118 in Recreating the American Longrifle has a button latch which I like. The push rod, toe plate is also in the mix. Either will work on this I think. I should have worked all this out beforehand but I am prone to "winging it". I'd love to see the inside of the Kuntz if anyone has that. Thanks.