Author Topic: Photos of finished Alexander Henry rifle  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Photos of finished Alexander Henry rifle
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2024, 05:25:55 PM »
I am glad to see this thread revived.These rifles are not common and I was surprised when I was able to make and sell about 40 (maybe) of these locks and a few smaller ones for scaled down versions of this style of rifle.
Maybe 8 of these.
Bob Roller

Offline wmrike

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2024, 06:11:15 PM »
Man, that's a lesson in elegance.  Beautiful gun.

Offline J.M.Browning

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2024, 06:25:09 PM »
Ive been thinking ahead of a new project when my Martini project is completed - Beautiful rifle .
Thank you Boone , Glass with all the contemplate I read with todays (shooter's lightly taken as such) , you keep things simple .

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2024, 07:13:00 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments guys!  It was a fun challenge building and engraving the rifle for certain.   :)

Justin - I haven't shot the rifle for a few months but with springtime ahead I plan on putting some more 530 gr. paper patched bullets downrange, as well as trying some 545gr grease groove bullets from a new (to me) mold.  At the last Creedmoor 150 match (my first competition shoot) I placed 3rd with muzzle-loaders at 600yds.  Also I managed to shoot one "X" in the 1000yd unsupported match.... Sadly, much like one Irishman in the original Creedmoor my "X" was shot on the wrong target!!!  At 1000yds all that takes is moving the front site a fraction of an inch to the wrong target - and with my eyes an 8 looks a lot like a 0 at that distance!!!  >:(

Anyway, the rifle shoots better than I do.  I have the ability to shoot 300yds at my home range now and hope to get lots of practice at the yardage.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline Daryl

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2024, 03:06:14 AM »
Breathtakingly beautiful rifle, Curtis.
So well done and appointed.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V