Author Topic: jack haugh book  (Read 3794 times)

hatchetdan

jack haugh book
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
I saw the reference to the book about jack haugh, on cont. makers, is it a new book and is it available?

Offline Dave B

Re: jack haugh book
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
Hatchetdan,
I believe that what you see there on The Contemporary Makers site is the reprint of the article that Mel Hankla wrote for Muzzle Blast Magazine. The title Picture was the Cover photo for that months issue.  The statement from the article discusses a educational exhibit of his work that was given to him. I am not sure if that means a Professionally printed version of the article or as in most of Mel's projects an actual physical exhibit that can be taken to shows and set up for the artisan to display his work for others to see. If I am wrong on that and there is a book that's out there, I want one too. Jack is one of my heroes.
Dave Blaisdell

hatchetdan

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »
Thanks for the info!

California Kid

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:36 PM »
Dave I think you are right, reprint of MB article. There is no book that I know of.
I met Jack in 1975 at Friendship. He and John Bivins were working on the Bicentennial rifles and were setting up a shop in downtown Friendship. Might have been '74, long time ago.

Offline Joey R

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:47 PM »
Mr. Haugh is still smithing everyday up around Milan, Indiana. Jack was gracious enough to engrave a English sporting rifle based on the James Turvey rifle for me in 2008. He is one of the best for knowing the English patterns and very much likes the English guns. A very fine gentleman and very gracious to talk with but I gain more enjoyment in listening to him, what a wealth of knowledge.
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill