Author Topic: Patchbox hinge forming jig  (Read 842 times)

Offline RAT

Patchbox hinge forming jig
« on: April 07, 2024, 09:30:53 PM »
There have been old posts of people using a forming jig to make the hinge on patchboxes. I have one made by a member of our gunmakers guild. We are thinking of having a class on making patchbox hinges at our gunmakers fair in August. Depending on how much member interest we have, we may want to purchase a few for those taking the class. We don't want to burden the guy who made mine with making them. Does anyone on the forum make these for sale?

The moderators can move this to the for sale/want to buy forum if they wish. I didn't feel comfortable posting it there because I can't say at this point we want to buy some. I'm just networking to see who we can buy them from if we decide to go that route. I need to make a report of my findings at our next meeting on Saturday April 13th.
Bob

Offline Frozen Run

Re: Patchbox hinge forming jig
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 09:48:40 PM »

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 10:30:10 PM »
I have a few of the hinge making tools that are styled after the ones that George Suiter used in the patch box classes at Bowling Green. They are $65.00 each if you are interested.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline RAT

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 03:04:38 PM »
I appreciate the info... thanks. I'll forward this to the other members of our fair committee and make a report this coming Saturday.
Bob

Offline RAT

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 10:02:35 PM »
We took a poll of members at our meeting on Saturday the 13th. There wasn't enough interest to offer the class, so it looks like we are no longer in need of sourcing jigs.
Bob