Author Topic: Beware of Reloading Depot USA  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Not English

Beware of Reloading Depot USA
« on: May 24, 2024, 11:44:27 PM »
Hey All,

The Reloading Depot USA appears to be a scam. I sent them money through PayPal for caps and have heard nothing since. All the warning signs were there, good prices (too good) and not accepting credit cards, Paypal only. I'm out $115, so I haven't taken too hard of a hit.

Tim, if this isn't appropriate please delete.

Dave

Online Steeltrap

Re: Beware of Reloading Depot USA
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 12:00:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!!

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 12:00:46 AM »
Contact PayPal and file a claim that you were defrauded, and they will start the process of getting your money back. It may take a month, but you will get your money. I've done this with two different vendors and both times I got my money back.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline bpd303

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 02:39:37 AM »
Contact PayPal and file a claim that you were defrauded, and they will start the process of getting your money back. It may take a month, but you will get your money. I've done this with two different vendors and both times I got my money back.

I've done the same in the past and always got my money back, however if Friends & Family was used, to skirt the silly prohibition's ,I think you are out of luck.

Randy aka bpd303
Randy aka bpd303        Arkansas Ozarks

Train for tomorrow, as you never know what it will bring to the fight.
I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus

Offline 83nubnEC

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 12:34:10 AM »
Also, beware of Lyman-The Gun Shop! ordered a Great Plains Rifle flintlock kit from them using Zelle as payment and lost $479. Bank thru the which the Zelle account was with would not refund payment and neither would the Zelle company. Same thing, price was too good to be true! Even the WI Consumer Protection bureau could not get me a refund of my money!

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 01:45:49 AM »
There are a lot of business places that won't accept cards.Does this "business"have a street address or only a box number.If they have a P.O.Box number you might get the Postal Inspectors to take a look.$115 as you say is't much but it was YOURS.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 03:40:30 PM by Bob Roller »

Offline bpd303

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 08:36:05 PM »
Also, beware of Lyman-The Gun Shop! ordered a Great Plains Rifle flintlock kit from them using Zelle as payment and lost $479. Bank thru the which the Zelle account was with would not refund payment and neither would the Zelle company. Same thing, price was too good to be true! Even the WI Consumer Protection bureau could not get me a refund of my money!

I did a search with google and duck duck go and this is the closest that came up. Is it the same one you ordered from?
https://thegunshopne.com/product-tag/lyman/

If that's the place google the phone number listed as contact us. It came up with two listings. I would contact the Police dept at the second listing to see if they could help. The first red flag I saw was "How to pay with Crypto and "Get start with Zelle"
Edit: Heck it wouldn't hurt to contact the PD in both cities.
Wish you luck'
Randy aka bpd303
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:39:07 PM by bpd303 »
Randy aka bpd303        Arkansas Ozarks

Train for tomorrow, as you never know what it will bring to the fight.
I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus

Offline Not English

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 07:59:19 AM »
I should have mentioned that the Paypal was Friends and Family. Beware, there's a lot of blackpowder related scams circulating.

Dave

Offline J.M.Browning

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 01:11:00 PM »
Although I'm a very avid buyer of components - loading . I never buy on line ,never ever pay a merchant PayPal Friends & family period - PayPal can not claw back your money .
Thank you Boone , Glass with all the contemplate I read with todays (shooter's lightly taken as such) , you keep things simple .

Offline 83nubnEC

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 04:06:04 PM »
bpd303- yes, that's the same website. When I ordered a couple of years ago they did not have posting for Crypto payment, only Zelle and Pay Pal Friends. Only recourse advise I was given by Consumer Protection and others was to hire a lawyer and take them to court. The Consumer Protection Bureau couldn't even locate the given telephone number locations and the addresses were either fake or did not exist. Don't know why the posting of their website still exists as I was told they were shut down once and they just put up another website address.

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2024, 12:31:06 AM »
Sorry the OP got taken.

I found  their site a while back.  They had lots of stuff nobody else did  and the prices were very low.  I smelled a rat.  I looked into it further.  When I searched " Reloading Depot USA" it auto populated  "Reloading Depot USA Scam". Hmmmmm?

So, I checked them out. They have CCI caps for $7.50 per 100!  They also have all other brands in stock.  I looked for a street address on the website, there is none.  When I searched the net for "Reloading Depot USA Scam" I found lots of angry victims. 

I do not do business with anyone who will not speak to me on the phone and take a phone order.  IF after things go well I may use the web applications to shop.  If they take my credit card and the goods come quickly and for fair shipping charges that is good.  If there is any excuses or BS I cancel the order and tell the credit card company that I suspect fraud. 

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2024, 03:29:05 PM »
It's a shame there is no real punishment for scammers.Maybe a 5 year stretch in the "Graybars Hotel"with "Bubba" for a cell mate may readjust their thinking."Bubba" has the IQ of an oyster and can throw King Cong out of a tavern and will never get out of prison.
Bob Roller

Online Steeltrap

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2024, 06:31:05 PM »
According to https://www.scamdoc.com this website should not be trusted. It was created in July of 2023, less than 6 months left on it's domain name, list no phone number or postal address,

Offline WECSOG

• Starting Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2024, 09:38:53 PM »
I buy reloading components online, but I don't use Paypal or Zelle for that. Instead I use a virtual credit card from Privacy dot com. That gives me an additional layer of protection.