Author Topic: Another Kibler SMR  (Read 566 times)

Offline TDM

Another Kibler SMR
« on: June 10, 2024, 08:19:24 PM »
Finished assembling this Walnut stocked SMR in .36 caliber. Nothing out of the ordinary, but the wood was very nice. No stain on this one. After sanding I used 2 coats of Birchwood Casey sealer/filler, sand between coats. Then 2 hand rubbed coats of my T&T/gum turpentine mix. The lock and hardware were polished, lock internals too. Added a toe plate, starred the cock screw, dimpled the muzzle, and just a couple of incised lines on cheek rest. I fire blued the bolts and screws but used multiple applications of Jax Black on the rest. I also gave the bore a good scrub with green scotchbrite and JB bore paste and bore shine to smooth things out and a thumb polish on the crown. Plan to use it for squirrel hunting this fall. The outside photos in the bright sun make look a little lighter than it actually is, the last photo is an indoor shot.

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Another Kibler SMR
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 08:38:47 PM »
Good looking rifle.What length is the barrel.It looks longer than a poor man's grocery bill ;D?
Bob Roller

Offline TDM

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 10:34:09 PM »
Thanks Bob. The barrel is the standard 44” length, but I agree it looks longer. Last night I actually took a tape measure and double checked because it appears longer than my other 2 SMRs. Maybe it’s the lighter wood and darker barrel that gives the illusion.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 11:27:01 PM »
Very nicely done. Love the crown. 8)
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline TDM

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 12:05:34 AM »
Thank you Daryl.

Offline hudson