Author Topic: Miniature flintlocks  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Adrie luke

Re: Miniature flintlocks
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2024, 07:53:29 PM »

Thanks Bama

In the Netherlands it is prohibited to make full-size rifles by private individuals.
But I made one for Hans Muller because he could no longer do it himself and one of the things he gave to me.
Actually there is one for myself.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2024, 11:19:39 PM »
  Andrie the world is full of negative people. It's just the way people are.
Other's are on an ego trip. I just like doing something different every once in awhile. We just got to do what makes us happy.
  Recently I started making trade guns. Not their not perfectly H. C.. But I'm working on getting better.
  Just keep doing what you enjoy doing. Because in the long run. It really IS what truly matters most. Also thank you for all your help on my project.
   Oldtravler

Offline B Kauffman

• Starting Member
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2024, 07:48:58 PM »
I made one in January.
Its kinda crude.
I should have slimmed the wrist down. It doesn't really matter though...I built it for my kids to use and get started young. I have 3 kids under the age of 8.
Its a 27.5" octagon to round 36 caliber Bobby Hoyt barrel and a small siler lock.  I made the butt plate, thimbles and nose cap from sheet brass.

here is my middle kid shooting it in the white..

https://youtube.com/shorts/2wakidaM2qA?si=fQgGazJmD-4MWsaK

Online Steeltrap

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2024, 08:44:49 PM »
What a smile!!!

This past winter I also made a "kid\small frame" size flintlock rifle. 30" 45-cal barrel. I "stole" structure from half-stock's, Hawken hook-breech, Hawken wedge keys (Ease of cleaning), Northwest Trade architecture\trigger guard.

It shoots well, is light, and a kid can handle it much easier than a full length. Lots of work went into it and it's built for a specific purpose of kid friendly. I got some odd responses to the build. Don't let that matter. What's important is to get the kid interested. Everything else is secondary.