Author Topic: E.J. Blackley  (Read 3240 times)

Offline northup87

E.J. Blackley
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with this supplier, I orders two hammers from them about 8 months ago, and they wont return my emails, was wondering if anyone else has had this same problem?.. thanks guys
A.J. Downey

Offline Ezra

Re: E.J. Blackley
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »
They are super nice folks and I have never had any issues. 

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
Sometimes e-mails get blocked for one reason or another. I'd be surprised if they were ignoring you.
Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:02:54 AM »
Kevin Blackley is a really nice person to deal with but they can be slow in responding and often e-mail correspondance gets stacked up or misplaced. That was especially a problem between January -November 2009 because they had moved to a new factory building and were backlogged with catch-up work. Making gun parts is a very small part of their business. Kevin mostly focuses on industrial prototyping and foundry work. They do the gun parts because it has been a tradition since the early 1960's. Also keep in mind that they do not take an order and immediately cast the parts. They usually take orders until enough are accumulated to tool up the foundry and cast them. I recommend calling Kevin instead of relying on e-mail.  Kevin even said exactly that to me a few months ago.

dave   
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:46:50 AM »
Same deal here. I ordered some parts and they took about 6 months to arrive. Some emails went unanswered but I kept sending. In the end, the parts were worth the wait.
Keep emailing and the parts will show up sooner or later.
John 
John Robbins