Author Topic: Flintlocks on TV  (Read 6877 times)

TinStar

Flintlocks on TV
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
It’s about time.  On TV today on the  Outdoor Channel (Directv); they had “Flintlock Fantasies” on the Impossible Shots show  and later the NMLRA from Friendship.
Flintlock Fantasies will be on again today at 10:30 PM, 2/25 at 2:30 AM, and 2/27 at 4:30 PM.
Friendship will be on again today at 8:30 PM and 2/27 at 4:30 PM.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

The other DWS

Re: Flintlocks on TV
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:02:38 AM »
Dang,  on one of the other sites where I hang out,  the Full Sized Jeep Association (IFSJA.org) ,they have an ongoing thread where they post sightings of fullsized jeeps in movies--like the one in Twister-- and on tv shows.  Here I thought some one was starting one here for movie and TV sightings of flintlocks :(

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:18:41 AM »
It’s about time.  On TV today on the  Outdoor Channel (Directv); they had “Flintlock Fantasies” on the Impossible Shots show  and later the NMLRA from Friendship.
Flintlock Fantasies will be on again today at 10:30 PM, 2/25 at 2:30 AM, and 2/27 at 4:30 PM.
Friendship will be on again today at 8:30 PM and 2/27 at 4:30 PM.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Tinstar,
Just to be sure -- you have both shows on 2/27 at 4:30 pm.  Is that right?

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline rf50cal

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I caught the Flintlocks fantasies episode last night.  I 'd try that shot mysef, if I could only see the string. Maybe that's why the previous shooter used a blindfold.
Roger Fleisher

TinStar

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
Larry,

Only the Flintlock Fantasies show is on 2/27 at 4:30. Sorry about the error!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Woodstock

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Darn it!! >:(

Got back to the hotel room a little too late. I caught the last 30 seconds of the show. I went on the Outdoor Channel web site this morning and sent a thank you email anyway and requested they do more in the interest of our heritage. If you have a minute, it would not hurt to flood them with emails on the subject.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
Good ol Arnie Koecher on that Friendship segment - gotta tell ya about ol Arnie.

He develope eye problems in his right eye.  Bought a left handed rifle and trained himself to shoot lefty and does quite well.......Try that sometime.... :)

Offline George Sutton

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »
If you guys liked the "Flintlock Fantasies" segment of "Impossible Shots", email jim@shootingusa.com and tell him you enjoyed the segment. We filmed seven more segments this past October. The new segments will be airing early summer. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for watching.

George Sutton  (Mr. Flintlock)

Centershot
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:36:04 PM by Centershot »

B Staley

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 06:34:50 AM »
George, I will send Jim an email. I really enjoy the segments you do on impossible shots......B Staley

B Staley

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
George I hope there was a .com at the end of the email address because that’s what I added....... B Staley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:52:31 PM by B Staley »

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 06:05:33 AM »
Sorry I missed these shows, but I'm sure glad to hear they were on!  'bout time there was some coverage of good ol' traditional style muzzle loading smoke poles. :)

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
George, is there a way to view the shows online or to purchase downloads or DVDs of them??  BTW, thoroughly enjoyed coffee with Matt last week!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline kentucky bucky

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »
I just E-mailed Jim Scouten last night and he answered really fast. He said they like traditional ml's and will do more segments.

Offline George Sutton

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »
Hi Tim, unfortunately there is no way to view the shows online.

Shooting USA does not sell the dvd's as of yet. I hope they will start, I would like to buy some copies myself.

Matt told me he enjoyed your get together last week. I'd like to see him start shooting again. When he was a little kid he was beating most of the adults he shot against. But, like all kids do, they grow up and develop other interests.

Centershot