Author Topic: How to order flints  (Read 3057 times)

Offline patchbox

• Starting Member
How to order flints
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:08:26 PM »
I would like to place an order for some flints from Rich Pierce but don't know how to contact him. If someone has any contact information I would appreciate if you would share it with me.
                 Thank you.........Chuck Papesh.

Offline SCLoyalist

Re: How to order flints
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »
Here's a cut and paste from one of R.P.'s posts on another site:

I offer gunflints that I make from Missouri flint I collect locally. The flints are white to gray and rough, tough, and sparky.
Flints are generally 1/8" longer than wide, so a 5/8" wide flint is 3/4" long; same for other sizes unless you need something special.

5/8" wide size are $10 per dozen
3/4" wide or 7/8" wide are $12 a dozen
1" wide or 1 and 1/8" wide are $15 per dozen

I limit folks to 3 dozen of any individual size per order so I can supply all customers. Shipping and handling runs $1 to $1.50 per dozen, depending on size and quantity.

Here is how to order: send me an email with "flints" in the subject header. Give me your name, address, and what you need. I will pack and ship with an invoice. You try one in an unloaded gun right away. If they are satisfactory, send me a check. If not, send them back.

My email is rpierce@dom.wustl.edu. I prefer email to private message, but can work with you if you prefer PM.

Offline Bill-52

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
Chuck,

While the information is likely the same, Rich also has a thread on the ALR Member Read Only Ads section with sizes, updated pricing, contact information, etc.

Bill

JW

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
Just an FYI, Rich’s prices went up a bit starting April 1.  Add $2 to the prices per dozen flints.  Still a good deal for what he offers.

Offline SCLoyalist

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
Thanks for the head's up about the email change, JW.

New email given is
                          longtrekflints@gmail.com

The several times I've ordered from him, the flints have shown up in the mailbox surprisingly quick.