Author Topic: CLA Lexington Show. Newbie question.  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Skychief

CLA Lexington Show. Newbie question.
« on: July 03, 2010, 01:00:49 AM »
I have never been to the show (convention?).

Can any of you describe what I will experience?

Thanks, Skychief.

PS: Are many (any) vendors there.  More or less than Friendship?

Offline Don Getz

Re: CLA Lexington Show. Newbie question.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:23 AM »
Chief......there are many dealers there, you should be able to find almost anything you need to build or shoot a muzzleloader, however, it really isn't that type of show.   It is basically a gun show, unlike anything else you can see anywhere else in the world.   Where else could you go and talk to the best gunbuilders in the world, and be able to see
and handle their work.   There are so many guns there to look at, over 200 tables of contemporary guns and stuff, and
over 100 tables of antique guns and related items.   If you are into muzzleloading, you can't find a better one...........Don

Offline Maalsral

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »
If you really love custom made muzzleloaders and everything associated with them including the ability to talk to just about every custom builder or craftsman that you have ever read about, then you must go to this convention.

I have been every year since it was moved to Lexington, KY, and it simply gets better every year.

This is simply the one show that you should not miss!

Mark
Mark Thomas

Offline Skychief

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
Thanks guys.   I gotta get there.......... ;)

JJ Roberts

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »
I hope too get to the show I've heard so many good things about it. J.J.Roberts

jwh1947

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »
Rupp Center, downtown Lexington.  Clean college town.  Plenty of restaurants, horse racing and bourbon country.  That's the backdrop.

Now, envision two huge rooms, the larger actually being a blend of several rooms and a big entry area.  One big room will be filled with  many of the best original Kentuckies and related accoutrements to exist on planet earth.  Some are for sale; some not.  The rest of the space is loaded with contemporary guns, parts, and accessories.  Similar to Dixon's, many of the same vendors, but a different ambiance; being farther south and west, there's an overlap, but not a carbon copy.  

I guess it would be fair to say that with a barrel full of $100 bills (big barrel) one could walk home with a classic collection of both originals and contemporaries, all collected in one weekend.  I know of no better place to drop a mega-wad.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:15:02 AM by jwh1947 »

nchunter

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
I went last year, in the middle of building my first kit gun.  It was VERY helpful to see the originals up close and personal.  You HAVE to go once, and you'll WANT to go again!