Author Topic: Raw Horns  (Read 3357 times)

LURCHWV@BJS

Raw Horns
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
  Who has the best prices on raw horns?  And does anyone have a horn for a resonable price that can be used for a nose cap?

Rich

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Re: Raw Horns
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:01:23 AM »
There will likely be a big pile of horns in the northwest corner of the big room at the CLA show.  At least there has been the last couple of years.  They're not actually "raw", they have been cleaned and polished, ready to be worked.  Last year's price $8 each, or 5 for $35. or some such, your choice.  I hope the guy is there again this year.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

eseabee1

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:41:40 AM »
I have a boat load of horns if you need something for a nose cap tell me what you need I got pieces and stuff that I might be able to give ya
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:41:51 AM by eseabee1 »

Online Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
There will likely be a big pile of horns in the northwest corner of the big room at the CLA show.  At least there has been the last couple of years.  They're not actually "raw", they have been cleaned and polished, ready to be worked.  Last year's price $8 each, or 5 for $35. or some such, your choice.  I hope the guy is there again this year.

-Ron

That was Roland Cadle, I would imagine he will be there this year, here is his contact info: www.villagerestorations.com. He does have raw horns. John Shorb is a Very good supplier his site is: http://www.powderhornsandmore.com/.  Lee Larkin is another source for raw horns, he can be reached at: lee larkin [leealarkin@gmail.com].

Tim C.