Author Topic: Need information  (Read 3379 times)

Al Lapp

Need information
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »
I recently acquired a 28 gauge smooth bore trade gun (Chiefs gun). On the lock is Grice 1772 with a crown and G R, it has the grice type trigger guard with round finials. Also on the trigger guard is a  silver? buffalo set in a brass medallion also on the wrist is an Indian head done the same way. The bbl. is 36 ins. and has British proofs (I don't know if the are copies of that period). Also the word LONDON and the Name in script "Nick Seidl". It is obvious that it was built fairly recently. The gun is very well made, and the builder went to a lot Of extra work to make it as close to period correct as possible. I would like to know if anyone knows of this builder.and if possible when it was made. I have tried to do a search on the internet with no results. Any information would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks ---- Al

Al Lapp

Re: Need information
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:32:48 AM »
Since posting this query I have been told by a previous owner of this gun that  the builder passed away. I sincerely hope that I have not offended anyone, if so I apologize. ----- Al

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:20:37 AM »
    Show us some pic's   Al
Alan K. Merrill

Al Lapp

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:35 AM »
Al, Will get some pic's and try to post them soon. Have company now( my Grandaughter and she wants to go shooting. So soon as I get a chance.