Author Topic: 3rd Annual Over The Log Shoot. 2010  (Read 13632 times)

Daryl

Re: 3rd Annual Over The Log Shoot. 2010
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
Just got back from the big Rendezvous - was going to get on the postal chunk shoot scores, but have too many things to accomplish before flying to Ontario this Thursday with Taylor. I won't be able to wrap things up until we get back - we're driving back - so please bear with me. The Mountain Ash berries are all bright red - that means fall is here. They went from a weak orange colour 12 days ago, to red now - guess maybe snow's just a couple steps away.

Daryl

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 03:39:21 AM »
I have all the targets and am ready to scroe and post the results.  Unfortunately, my best friend, shooter/hunter and fishing buddy had a massive heart attack Monday evening and didn't recover.  I've been very busy these last few days with my Mom's move to British Columbia as well.

I'll try to get the results up and posted this weekend. Hope you have a good weekend, shooting or hunting/or both - whichever your choice.

Harnic

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »
Daryl, I am very sorry to hear about your friend.  My thoughts are with you & all who knew him.  Take care.

Daryl

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 04:33:38 AM »
Thanks Harry - most appreciated - I'll post it over on the OTFence if Ok'd by his wife.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
I have all the targets and am ready to scroe and post the results.  Unfortunately, my best friend, shooter/hunter and fishing buddy had a massive heart attack Monday evening and didn't recover.  I've been very busy these last few days with my Mom's move to British Columbia as well.

I'll try to get the results up and posted this weekend. Hope you have a good weekend, shooting or hunting/or both - whichever your choice.
Daryl: That is as bad as losing a brother, or maybe worse very sorry to hear that happened.  What more can anyone say?

Daryl

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »
Thanks Roger - yes - in many ways, just like a brother- but without most of the fighting :D

"Nuff said here, guys - I know we all feel pretty much the same when a tragedy happens to one of us, someone close to them, or even strangers.  I know there are many kind thoughts for Brad and his family who are coping as they can.   I can help with Jody's continued shooting and hunting sports - as an uncle might - this I vow. This is a rough time for us all.

Daryl

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »
2010 Over The Log Postal match - ie; Chunk Shoot

Many thanks for those who participated and send in entries. Also - many thanks to those who sent in more than their mere $5.00 entry, be it extra $ or piece of euqipment - equipment I an using, BTW.  Thanks atain. All money collected went into prize money for the first 3 places.

1st- Roger Fisher - string 8.443"

2nd Taylor Sapergia - string 10.830"

3rd Marty Martin - string 11.109"

4th- no prize, but a close 11.671.  Bit of practise Paul B., and you have a good chance of winning next year.

Thanks everyone.
'Prize' letters will be sent out with tomorrow's mail.

Daryl

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
Representative targets for 1st, second and third.  Good shooting guys. Perhaps more will attend next year?

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 03:32:55 AM »
Daryl: I might have missed the post but did you report on how many shooters entered the chunk match?     Gary

Daryl

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
This year, we had 6 entries only.  2 of them sent in an extra $5.00 which was returned in prize money along with all entry money.  2 Entrants sent in presents - a ball cap and a powder measure.  I am using both.  My thanks to those who entered this year's postal match.

Daryl

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
I've un-stickied this thread as it's over and everyone has had an opportunity to see it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:01:43 PM by Daryl »