Author Topic: KRA Lehigh Valley CD  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Tom Currie

KRA Lehigh Valley CD
« on: January 09, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
For those of you with an interest in Lehigh Valley rifles I thought I'd mention the outstanding CD recently offered by the KRA whichs includes about 10 high quality pics of each of 20 rifles and a couple of pistols. A couple from Kindigs, a few more from RCA and the  about 14 I hadn't seen before. Lots of eye candy and I feel a  tremedous resource to builders. $ 20 plus shipping and handling. Can't beat that.

One thing I found interesting is that Herman Rupp's work seems very close to John Moll while John Rupp's ( can't say if that's JR 1 ot JR II ) work has  decorative elements that has more similairity to work done at Christian's Spring.   

http://www.kentuckyrifleassociation.org/bulletins.html

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Re: KRA Lehigh Valley CD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »
I very much agree with Tom's description.  Some of the best money you could spend.  Fantastic eye candy.  You will need a towel for the drool though.  The only thing missing are some measurements, and info about caliber, plus rifling or smooth bore.  I love the unknown rifle number one, with it's simplicity, in lack of carving, and inlays.  I've spent at least an hour a day ogling the pics, for the last five days since I got it as a Christmas present.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
Re: KRA Lehigh Valley CD
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:49:41 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Tom!  I'll be adding this CD to my collection...

Ed
Ed Wenger