Author Topic: It has Arrived! Flintlock Fowlers  (Read 4564 times)

Rasch Chronicles

It has Arrived! Flintlock Fowlers
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:44 AM »
Hello everyone!

The Mrs has emailed me to tell me that my new book, Flintlock Fowlers: The First Guns made in America, has arrived!

Only one problem, it's home, and I am halfway around the world away from it! She will have to take pictures and forward them to me so I can actually see what I have. I won't bring any of my good books here as the conditions will destroy anything, and books especially.

The cover looks rightous, and I have been told that it is a must have for anyone having an interest, much less building one. Therefore since I am building one, it is a must have for me!

I can't wait to get home, read it, and post a review on it!

Best Regards,
Albert A Rasch In Afghanistan™
Scouting for Hogs, Chronicles Style!

Online wattlebuster

Re: It has Arrived! Flintlock Fowlers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »
I have it an its great I think you will like it. Hope you get Home soon god bless an stay safe an thank you an all the other guys with you for your service  Allen
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »
Its a great book to have. Lots of eye candy for the builder and collector. It is the best of my most recent acquisitions.
Having it sent over in attachments is the next best thing.

Dave Blaisdell

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »
You have a really well done book waiting for you.
I only wish one like that could be had on English fowling pieces. ;D

Dave K

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
There are  very good pictures of British guns in that book along with American made British style fowlers. I have the book and built a gun as close as I could to  a gun that is in it. It is a must have book, in my opinion, if fowlers interest you. 2009 at the CLA show in Lexington, Ky. there were a good number of the guns in this book on display there. It was great, as I was building the gun at the time and not only had the book, but in front of me there were the actual guns. Mrs. did good, getting you that book. James, get this book, it will go good with your interest in British guns as well. Now, if someone would come out with a SxS book also.

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
Sent you a PM Dave K

Dave K

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
James, You are correct. I did go and quickly look at that book. It is a great book when we talk about American made guns and mention is made on how close some of the BS style guns are to true British guns. But actual British guns are very few in the book. Still it is a good book and there are very few books out there to help study the style of American fowlers.