Author Topic: Austin and Halleck lock parts  (Read 3697 times)

J.D.

Austin and Halleck lock parts
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:32:04 AM »
Does anyone know of a source for lock parts for the now deduct Austin and Halleck sidelock?

I'm working on an A&H  on a mountain rifle lock  with about half of the halfcock notch broken off. I planned to tune the lock, but also to replace the tumbler.

Another thought. What kind of liability could I incur by doing what tuning I can, but not repairing the tumbler, in the event parts are not available?

He was informed that the notch is broken, and dangerous.

So, how would y'all handle that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J.D.

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
Re: Austin and Halleck lock parts
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:25:24 AM »
Does anyone know of a source for lock parts for the now deduct Austin and Halleck sidelock?

I'm working on an A&H  on a mountain rifle lock  with about half of the halfcock notch broken off. I planned to tune the lock, but also to replace the tumbler.

Another thought. What kind of liability could I incur by doing what tuning I can, but not repairing the tumbler, in the event parts are not available?

He was informed that the notch is broken, and dangerous.

So, how would y'all handle that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J.D.

Make/buy a new tumbler or send it back disassembled. You cannot return it faulty and ready to fire. If it were mild steel it might be welded but unknown alloy???

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

J.D.

Re: Austin and Halleck lock parts
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 05:49:20 AM »
Thanks Dan, that was my concern. I certainly don't want to be remotely responsible  for any potential injuries, or worse because of the owner's disregard of my warning.

I have, possibly, located a replacement tumbler through one of the ALR members.

I gotta say, this forum absolutely consists of  the most helpful and best folks I have ever met.

Thanks,
J.D.