Author Topic: 12" Flat Bastard file.  (Read 3982 times)

Offline patchbox

• Starting Member
12" Flat Bastard file.
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:43:26 AM »
If any one in the gun building class at the Log Cabin Shop needs a 12" flat bastard file for the next class I was able to order one from Kromhard Twist Drill (866 863 3344). I found that no one seemed to stock them since they come in lots of six and are not a popular item.
They will still have five available after filling my order and they do ship. Cost with shipping is approx. $26.00. ............Chuck.

Online sdilts

Re: 12" Flat Bastard file.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
Enco has these in their February sale catalog for $10.39.

Offline patchbox

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:28:22 AM »
 The one I ordered was delivered today. Its a Nicholson made in the USA. The actual price of the file was $16.50. The tax and shipping brought it up to $26.28. With the price of gas being what it is, it was cheaper to have it delivered than to drive to Akron to pick it up.................Chuck.

jeager58

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:50:30 PM »
tool barn . com        12.50 for a nicholson  12 inch     made in the USA
we should all try to purchase American made when possible as long as the quality is as good or better. how many fellow Americans do you know that lost their jobs
because or work being outsourced overseas...phil

Offline Glenn

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
we should all try to purchase American made when possible as long as the quality is as good or better. how many fellow Americans do you know that lost their jobs

I couldnt agree more.  I'm not buying the Chinese and other foreign made stuff unless I am in a bind and absolutely have to buy something that just happens to be the only thing available at the time. :-\
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline Old Ford2

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
Most eastern tooling ( China, India, Korea ) is pure junk!
I am a machinist and teach it. I am firmly of the resolve, if it is not North American made, exceptions to Germany and some surrounding countries, it is not worth purchasing.
I am Canadian and support the Made in America theme.
Old Ford
Never surrender, always take a few with you.
Let the Lord pick the good from the bad!

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
Phil,
That is a great source for files.  Thanks for the information.  Her is the link.  http://www.toolbarn.com/
DMR