Author Topic: Green River Forge  (Read 3003 times)

greybeard

Green River Forge
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »
I was just reading some older  posts in the gun building ( #158, down 4 to , !st real build ). The gent said that he got his parts from Green River Forge. He mentions the Astoria. I could be wrong here but is this the companey ran by a gent named Frank Strait(spelling)?   He was located near Seattle < Washington                       
   He used to come here to Victoria to the big annual gun show. He always had a few hunters long knives for sale..   I'm talking about 35 ywars ago.  Bob
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:50:35 PM by greybeard »

Dave Dolliver

Re: Green River Forge
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:09:56 AM »
Green River Forge was a name that Frank Straight of Bellevue, WA, used for his products in the '70s.  Among other things, he had a half stock rifle kit he called the Astorian and also a Northwest gun kit.  I made the drawings that accompanied both kits.  The Astorian is still regarded affectionally by many in the area and now and then one shows up at a show.

Dave Dolliver

greybeard

Re: Green River Forge
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:39:12 AM »
Thanks David;  A few of us used to havs breakfast with Frank on a Sunday morning and I remember him as being a very nice friendly gent.  I have had the pleasure of meeting some very memorable folks over the years associated with this sport.
     Cheers    Bob