Author Topic: I'd like to try to explain what I'm trying to do.  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
I'd like to try to explain what I'm trying to do.
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »
I live in Norway and our gunlaws are complicated.

• One of the main principles is that if a gun is made before 1890, you don't have to have a permit or register it. If it is built after 1890 you have to apply for a permit and register the gun. It does not matter if it's a muzzleloader, blackpowder cartridge or a modern high powered gun.

• Each time you apply for a permit you are charged a fee for paperwork. The fee is $86, no matter how many guns you apply for at the same time.

I'm trying to put together a package for 3-5 guns I want to build. This would save me between $172 - $344 in paperwork fees. It's also possible to save a bit money on shipping by sending one package, instead of several.This is why I'm researching alot of different building options.

There is one large fly in the ointment:
  • For every gun you apply for, you have to state under which rules and regulations you are entitled to the permit.

Sorting through the rules/regulation and filling out the forms is a bit like filling out a crossword puzzle :P. Please bear with my many questions.

Best regards
Rolf
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:11:01 PM by Rolf »

Offline B. Hey

Re: I'd like to try to explain what I'm trying to do.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »
Hello Rolf ... Thanks for sharing your information. No doubt someone will have the answers you are seeking. Your post clearly reminded me of how fortunate we are to be living in the States. NO POLITICAL INTENT WHATSOEVER ... Just thankful and wanted to express my thoughts. Take care .. Bill