Author Topic: Blunderbuss Barrel  (Read 15210 times)

Offline marcusb

Blunderbuss Barrel
« on: December 25, 2010, 03:56:07 AM »
I have been looking for blunderbuss barrels and all I can find is 12 gauge, any ideas were to find something a little more exciting in size?

Thanks

Marcus B

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
Re: Blunderbuss Barrel
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 05:57:57 AM »
Check with Stonewall Creek Outfitters. They carry Ed's barrels and usually have some larger bores up to 4 bore in stock or at least on order at all times.
Troy is now offering a blunderbuss kit as well.

camerl2009

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »
there easy to make

http://www.prexis.com/sten/homebuilder/index.php?topic=16321.0

hope that link works  :P

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 12:06:29 AM »
It has been a few years ago but I picked up a barrel and stock from Michael Lea to build a 4 bore blunder buss. It turned out real well. I picked up my hardware from Reives Gorhing and modified it to make it look like a English sea service piece. It was a hoot to shoot.

MICHAEL LEA AND DAUGHTER,
2109 Summit Street,
Columbus OH 43201.           
614-291-4757   

oldguns@core.com
Dave Blaisdell

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 12:50:10 AM »
I can recommend the barrels made by Ed Rayl.  This is a bb I made several years ago with one of his brass, 4 gage barrels.  The muzzle on Ed's barrels is a plain flare.  I modified the muzzle by silver brazing on a couple of brass rings and then turning the decorative shape on them.  I also did a steel barrel the same way and posted a tutorial on it:

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=6671.0

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:40:52 AM by davec2 »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

camerl2009

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 04:09:59 AM »
 :o where do i get one of them barrels ^

is there a website

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 04:36:14 AM »
Troy Roope of www.stonewallcreekoutfitters.com, phone-434-993-3557 probably has the whole parts sets.  Call Troy for more info.  Ed Rayle is low tech, just a phone number.  I don't have his number handy right now.

Bill
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:50:05 AM by Bill Knapp »
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Trkdriver99

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »
I want one :D  ;)

I love it. I have 2 left hands and 10 thumbs when it comes to precision wood work on stuff like muskets. I could never get one that pretty. I guess I will have to save my cans and pennies to get me one. Get one of you guys with skill to build it for me.

Ronnie

Offline Glenn

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »
Good grief WHAT A GUN ... WOW !!!

That really looks sweet.  I love those cannon bands you did.  The engraving is next to none.

I got to find a class somewhere so I can learn how to work a lathe.  I've always wanted to put a blunderbuss on the wall, but now I can't see even thinking about building one until I can do barrel bands like that.

Awesome job and thanks for posting the photos and details !!!   ;D
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
Troy runs Stonewall Creek Outfitters. Nice to deal with. I have purchased brass pistol barrels,and a 6 bore blunderbuss barrel from him. All made by Ed Rayle. Give the website a look.

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Ed's phone number is,    304-364-8269

Rich

Offline James

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Now that is a gun  ;D
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry