Author Topic: Help!!!!!! Need breech plug fitted  (Read 3249 times)

FRJ

Help!!!!!! Need breech plug fitted
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »
Hoping to find someone in the Vancouver Wa or Portland Or area to fit a breechplug for me. This is my second one and I'm just afraid to screw it up again with the limited tools I have. I know its funny but fools rush in where wise men never go. Frank

rdillon

Re: Help!!!!!! Need breech plug fitted
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »
All you need is a file and some depth mic's.

Send it to me and I'll do it for you just inclose return shipping.

Online JTR

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »
Now there's a deal! ;D
John
John Robbins

FRJ

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
Rich, I sent you a PM this morning and will be photographing what I mention in the message in case it works. Again I can't even come close to telling you how much I appreciate your truely kind and generous offer. Later, Frank

Offline Glenn

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
When fitting a breech plug, do you file the plug to fit the the threads in the barrel, or file the barrel, or both?

I realize the top flat must be indexed with one of the octagon flats but how close do you file the threads before you tighten the top flat of the plug to snug up to the flat of the barrel ... (or do I have this all wrong) ... ???
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
FRJ
Hey I am just out of Vancouver WA in Battle Ground. Bring it on over and we can get er done. It wont take long if you bring moon pies along. A little sugar goes a long way. Send me a PM and we can make arrangements.
Dave Blaisdell

Fred_Dwyer

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »
GRA asked
do you file the plug to fit the the threads in the barrel, or file the barrel, or both?

Yep, depends.
http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=10970.0