Author Topic: NewGuy- interested in Rev War American C-o-S muskets  (Read 2236 times)

rattinox

NewGuy- interested in Rev War American C-o-S muskets
« on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:55 PM »
Just wondering if anyone here has interest in building, or has built, Committee-of-Safety or State Contract Bess-type muskets.......

I'm just now assembling parts from Track-O and other sources to build a Pennsylvania Contract Bess-type, cherry-stock musket. Kind of a halfbreed, of course.......

Any input? And glad to be here!!

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: NewGuy- interested in Rev War American C-o-S muskets
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
Welcome!  I am working on more of a militia gun, not a pure C-O-S gun, a parts gun if you will.  Definitely interested in what you'll be doing.  What are you using for reference?  Have you had a chance to see originals or are you working from pictures?
Andover, Vermont

Offline Gunnermike

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »
Just found this paper that may be of interest to you - www.thayeramericana.com/back/research/research7.pdf

Mike

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:53:28 PM »
Rattinox, welcome to the forum, I think you will find everything you need, from good advice,direction, resources, and friendly bantor.  Some of the most knowledgeable, and scholarly folks, as you can see by Gunners post.  Rich is also a good source for flints in custom sizes.  Good luck on the project, keep us posted, and ask questions if ya get stumped.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?