Author Topic: Friendship's Gunmaker's Hall rifle question....  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Skychief

Friendship's Gunmaker's Hall rifle question....
« on: June 12, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »
Did any of you make it to Friendship and Gunmaker's Hall?

If so, did you happen to see the 45 caliber fullstocked flinter with the curly maple stock FULL of worm tunnels and holes?

I thought it was fantastic looking!   In my haste, I didn't see who built the rifle (maybe someone here?).   If you happen to know of the rifle I speak of and who built it, will you let us know please?

The rifle also wore an antler heel plate, if that jogs your memory.   Surely the worm-riddled stock is what one would remember though :o.

Thanks, Skychief.

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: Friendship's Gunmaker's Hall rifle question....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:39:24 AM »
I remember seing the but on that rifle from the display on the otherside. Sounds like I should have walked around the display on looked it over. So much eye candy, so litttle time.
Psalms 144

Offline b bogart

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
I saw it and liked it! I have built one with "holy" wood. It turned out well enough. The wood was cheap because of it. Don't be afraid of wormy wood, just make sure theres no critters active ;)

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
  Look on page 3 of the Items for Sale (in this forum) and open the item headed Lehigh barn gun. Sounds similar.
                                     Dan

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
I know and saw the rifle. The guy who made it is from Ohio. I think his name is Bill and his last name might be Hoover. The rifle is usually set up around ohio with the guys who do the gun shop display. They usually are rifling a barrel also. Sorry if I have the name wrong, but I feel reasonably sure about it being on display around ohio.
By the way. I really like the rifle look also. I would have the holes so caked with mud and dirt from hunting that it probably would not look so nice after a season.
Marc

Offline Keb

• south Ohio
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
I saw it. It was a very nice gun but I didn't like the wormy effect. Sorry.

Offline Mike New

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
I saw the rifle with the worm holes. I also saw the rifles that David Price built his grand daughters. VERY NICE!!!