Author Topic: Flint Lock & Vent Timing Seminar with Larry Pletcher - FREE  (Read 3552 times)

lizkin

Join us Saturday June 25th, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. at the Log Cabin Shop where Larry Pletcher will demonstrate his methods of Lock and Vent Timing (as seen in Muzzle Blasts magazine as well as the Journal of Historical Armsmaking Technology) and will discuss his findings after years of testing. Some of his conclusions are contrary to widely held beliefs on flintlock ignition. Come and see for yourself. This seminar will certainly benefit builders as well as shooters.
There will be plenty of time for questions & Answers.
Admission is FREE!! Seating is limited and on a first come basis.
 This event is sponsored through fund raising efforts at the Log Cabin Early American Trades Fair and contributions from Long Rifle Building Class Funds.
Any questions Please contact Log Cabin Shop 330-948-1082, webmaster@logcabinshop.com.
8010 Lafayette Road Lodi, Ohio 44254

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Re: Flint Lock & Vent Timing Seminar with Larry Pletcher - FREE
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:34:37 AM »
Let me add that I will have the slow motion videos of the locks we filmed at Friendship in 2007 and 2009.  There are some unusual things that show up when the ignition is seen in slow motion.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Curt Lyles

• Curt’s Blacksmith Shop
    • Curt's Blacksmith Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
This is well worth your time to watch Larrys presentasion.If you shoot black powder guns of any kind this is for you.Larry is also an excellecnt teacher.Curt

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »
This presentation was extremely interesting and well, well worth thr time....a big thanks to Larry Pletcher (and son) for doing such a fine and outstanding job.