Author Topic: Today's shoot  (Read 2267 times)

Offline B.Habermehl

Today's shoot
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »
Down here in east central Pa at Union county Mlrs. we had our monthly shoot today. Paper at 25 and 50 yds. 100 percent humidity, mist, and intermittent rain. 9 or so stalwart shooters challenged the damp. We had a ball. After shooting our targets we got the hawks out and played follow the leader on our tomahawk course. The hawk walk built by Cliff and Janet is a real challenge and includes a pendulum block. A great hot time was had by all. Of course the Union county heckling is the best!
BTW  I got to put the trade gun that I showed at Dixon's to work, It isn't for sale any longer. I don't want to shoot against it. ;D
BJH
BJH

Candle Snuffer

Re: Today's shoot
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
BJH, I like the idea of the  pendulum hawk block.  That's a first for me that no one has dreamed up out here where I live, but we very well just may give that a try. :)

Offline volatpluvia

• Doing mission work in sunny south, Mexico
Re: Today's shoot
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:45:12 AM »
Shooting at Union County is one the few things I miss about not being in PA.  Shooting in mist and rain at UC is where I adopted the name 'volatpluvia' one who shoots in the rain.  Sorry I can't be there for Labor Day weekend.  Say high to everyone for me.
volatpluvia
I believe, therefore I speak.  Apostle Paul.