Author Topic: Today's Blog - Mary Ellen's Bags  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Today's Blog - Mary Ellen's Bags
« on: October 05, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
Ian,
That's a right nice display your wife has on the blog this morning.  You been keeping her talents a secret!  We knew she was a good photographer but I had no idea she was making bags.  A great combination teaming up with Tim.  His horns are first class.  To see the picture you have to go down past Greg's beautiful TN rifle. 
What a great way to start the day off. 

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/ 
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline M Tornichio

Re: Today's Blog - Mary Ellen's Bags
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:53:08 AM »
As luck would have it, I was able to view all the bags yesterday in person. They are all great. I don't know which was my favorite, Each was unique in it's own right. I like the small details that went into all of them. Some of the details may not be aparent in the photos, but they are all great in there own right.
Marc

MPratt

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »
Ken & Marc
Thanks for your kind words!  The photography is a gift and comes naturally.  Much to my surprise, there is only one bag left for sale.   They went that quickly!!  It was fun putting the sets together, of course adding Ian's powder measures and vent picks helped as well as the nice job that Tim Crosby did on the horns.  The little banded horns went very well with the later period southern bags.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:45:05 AM »
Glad Art and Jan shared pictures of your work.    The 3 of you teamed up to make some fine sets.  I hope we see more.  Just don't keep Ian away from his rifle building to much. 
Ken
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:47:44 AM by Ken Guy »
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »
 Rifles? Is that one of those wood and iron things we used to make here sometimes? Man I can hardly keep up with the demand for accoutrements around here, she has been pretty busy.
  She definitely has a talent for this, I'm glad we could finally convince her to put some up for sale. And Tim's horn work keeps getting better all the time, we know he enjoys making the banded horns and they went real well with these sets.   

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
 I must say I feel honored to have my horns paired with Maryellen's bags and Ian's accouterments. I think everthing fits well to gether.

Tim C.

MPratt

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »
Thank you very much for all the complements that I got from many of you who attended the Log Cabin Shop's Trade Fair this weekend.
I greatly appreciate you complements!