Author Topic: Trigger question  (Read 1908 times)

Offline James

Trigger question
« on: January 14, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
I want to make sure I am not overlooking anything, so your opinion please. Is there any reason that a trigger can't be made and installed in a gun that is in the later stages i.e. carving and sanding and finishing? The Davis double-set just isn't right. I had considered trying to solder a Bonewitz/Reedy/Fichthorn type to the front Davis trigger, but I would like to just make one that looks right instead. Thanks for your time, Jim
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline Dave B

Re: Trigger question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
 There should be no problem with making new triggers for the rifle but I would consider making just a new front trigger as apposed to making the complete set.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
Use your existing plate and make new triggers to fit it. I agree that most newly manufactured triggers just don't look right, not to mention seeing the same style of trigger used in totally different styled rifles.

Offline James

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
Using the existing plate sounds more logical than what I had planned. I have a question I will table until I get a little more along with it. Thanks, Jim
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry