Author Topic: Still another winter's shoot (Yeah again)  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Still another winter's shoot (Yeah again)
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Cash shoot at Danville, Pa yesterday 13 degrees warmed up to 26 (I'm sure the Canadians laugh at that)  Well we dress for it...l

11 shooters showed up all targets at 25 yards.  They shoot a re entry agg, meaning throw out your bad ones and go and anti up a buck for another target to do better.

I have my own thoughts (not worth too much) abt a re entry agg; but at least they give us come competition and a place to 'play'.  One young lad was down only 6 points in that  200 point agg.  Whew.  ::)  Oh yes hawk and knife was on top of that.    He threw a 21 on that....  I forgot: 2 of his targets had scores of 50 with X's...We finally got him married off a few years ago.  It didn't help us a @!*%.

I ended up 4th out of the money.  Shot poorly.    Are you guys shooting or sitting on your "hands" ???

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
Re: Still another winter's shoot (Yeah again)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
Roger --
We are shooting here, every Thursday. Quarter matches, we are all on a fixed income! Why Thursday? Because we can. ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:32:31 PM by C Wallingford »

cahil_2

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
Where I live here in Michigan, our club the White River Muzzleloaders, we can't get into our club in the winter.
Normally no shooting from December til April.  I dry fire in my basement.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:19:21 AM »
Our club schedule runs March through October out here in northwest Nebraska.  Though many of us get to the range for some practice when we can throughout the winter between snow storms and wind.  I've got a trip planned this coming Wednesday.  They say mid 40's and only 11 mph wind.  Ought to be paradise considering my other winter days off so far.

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »

Her in the central part of lower  Michigan New Years Day 22 shooters at Looking Glass longrifles woodswalk ,Jan. 7 th fifty shooters at Lansing Muzzleloaders Gun Club woodswalk ,Jan. 14 th Howard City Conservaction Club woodswalk,Jan. 20-21-22  Brothers of the Wind winter roundvoo  Hubbardson  And there is no letup .Sure is better than sitting on your duff and looking at the boob tube.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
Our little group - the "Donner Party"- shoots every Sunday between 10 am and 2 pm.  We shoot for score once a month, and the winner provides the lunch for the next scoring event.
When we miss a target, and shoot again just for fun, we call it a Roger Fisher.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
Our little group - the "Donner Party"- shoots every Sunday between 10 am and 2 pm.  We shoot for score once a month, and the winner provides the lunch for the next scoring event.
When we miss a target, and shoot again just for fun, we call it a Roger Fisher.
Now, Now be nice -- that could be considered elder abuse :o

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
oh, it is, Roger, it is.  hahahahahahaha

Offline Gene Carrell

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
Our local muzzleloading range has three clubs shooting three Sundays every month.  Keep as  busy as you want.
Gene