Author Topic: got my barrel yesterday !!  (Read 2616 times)

Michael

got my barrel yesterday !!
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
Mailman delivered the barrel yesterday that I ordered from Charles Burton at the CLA show last August. All I can say about the barrel is   WOW!!!!!!!!  I ordered a 48" 24 bore oct/round smoothbore barrel for another Carolina Gun and the finish on the inside and the outside is beautiful !!  This is my first barrel from Charles and the he's going to get more of my business, thats for sure. Now all I need is to find a beech stock blank somwhere-----

Off to the Baltimore Gunshow in a few minutes.

Offline Charlie B

• fcibarrels
Re: got my barrel yesterday !!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
Appreciate the kind words. We have had an interesting end of winter here in KY. and I have gotten a little behind my expected delivery schedule, so it is nice to hear it was worth the wait. Hope to get caught up soon.
Charlie

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
Charlie.........you don't want to get caught up.    When I was making them, we always had at least a six month backlog.
Now that I'm retired, I started to build some guns........guess what, I now have another backlog...the last thing I wanted.
Don

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
Good to hear, Micheal!  Charlie had some great looking barrels for sure!
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
Everything I hear bout Charles barrels is good. I hope to know myself shortly as I have a 62 cal on order with him an should be here very soon ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline LynnC

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:48:16 AM »
Well I almost ordered a barrel from Mr Burton.  Thought I needed one like now so I ordered something close and had it in hand right away.

1 1/2 years later its still in hand as I haven't had time to build the gun.  ::)

Lesson Learned - Order exactly what you want and wait - You got the time..... ;)
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......