Author Topic: Haines trigger guard and trigger plate  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Jerry V Lape

Haines trigger guard and trigger plate
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »
Would appreciate a little input regarding which of Reeves Goerhing's trigger guards works for an Isaac Haines.  I have a couple of his #35 but it looks too straight in the rail and too long.  The trigger opening is also overly long.   It will be used with a single trigger pinned in wood.  Also, am I correct that Haines trigger plate is pretty much parallel sided?

Offline Dave B

Re: Haines trigger guard and trigger plate
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »
Jerry there are three different Isaak Haines rifles in RCA I. They all have sightly different trigger guards as well as triggers. One has a long trigger plate which I would assume to be parallel. I saw an attributed Haines smooth rifle at my first KRA meeting in Carlisle and the trigger plate was tapered and dug in at the tail if memory serves. I cant find the #35 in my photos of Reives hardware. :-\. That being said there are a couple of photos of trigger guards that are what I believe bent straight guards. Or guards that were cast as straight then bent before installation  or bent after installation. The guards he has are what they were using so if it isnt what you like change to what you do like.
Dave Blaisdell