Author Topic: Bucks Co. 40 cal just finished  (Read 20805 times)

Offline t.caster

Re: Bucks Co. 40 cal just finished
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 03:28:17 AM »
Invictus, There are a lot of inlays and wire inlay I could have applied to this rifle that are apropriate to Bucks County, but it was never intended to be a FANCY piece. I did the flared entry pipe you mentioned on a previous Verner rifle and decided this one didn't need it. It had a broken and repaired wrist, so I knew it was never going to be a high dollar rifle. So I proceeded to make a nice simple rifle for the woods and range. In fact I intended to to keep it for myself.....and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, haha!
Tom C.

Offline cmac

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »
Thanks for the release pictures. Anyone have pictures of original release on these? Do the contents of the box sometimes hinder proper function with the exposed mechanics?

Offline t.caster

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2012, 06:11:37 AM »

Tom:  I'm sorry that you took my comment seriously.  It was not meant as an "out of line" criticism.
[/quote]

No problem!
Tom C.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »
Beautiful Tom,
Your incised work is spectacular.  The only thing I would add is more shading and detail in the engraving on the patchbox.  Well done!!!

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline dogcreek

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
Man, that's a pretty Bucks. Congratulations on the excellent craftsmanship. And thanks for posting.