Author Topic: Might anyone have?  (Read 2442 times)

JLM195650

Might anyone have?
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:50:03 AM »
a flint assembly and a flint barrel for the Traditions Kentucy Rifle Kit? Got one for Christmas but I want to build flint instead of percussion.

Thanks.

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
Re: Might anyone have?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »
L&R makes replacement locks for CVA and Traditions, and I would think that your could simply replace your drum with a touch hole liner.   However,  I have no specific knowledge of Traditions guns.    I wouldn't admit it even if I did. :D   Perhaps if you let us know about where you live, maybe one of our fine members could help you with the conversion/upgrade.

Offline Captchee

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
 ill admit i have . in fact i would probably state with most certainty that allot of us cut our teeth on such rifles  .
 I have worked on a lot of CVA and Traditions rifles through the years and still do . Im not to proud to admit it . Work is work and im not going to turn it down .

The conversion to flint isn’t that hard and it can be done despite what traditions  tells you .
 also if done right , the barrel will be converatable back to  cap if you  so desire
 No need for a new barrel .
 I seem to recall we have talked about the conversion a couple times on here . But its not something that gets talked about a lot  and  frankly crickets start to chirp when the topic is brought up.

Offline Majorjoel

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
I have a CVA\ Traditions, flintlock lock.
Joel Hall