Author Topic: INDIANA TABLE SHOOT  (Read 9367 times)

Offline smokinbuck

Re: INDIANA TABLE SHOOT
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 05:08:34 AM »
Mike & Robin,
I just finished a table so now have something to practice on. I don't have a pick up so I scaled it down to fit in the Envoy. 5 'main and 3' tee with the legs as you indicated. Will probably start the barrel rest at 24" wide and reduce it by 6", 3" to a side. Do you see any problems with that plan?
Mark
Mark

mmprwarner

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »
Mark
I think you've got a good idea when I built the original table . I had to kind of guess out what size we would need, as I watch more shooters use them. I think I might have made him a little large, which is nothing unusual for me. In fact I am considering making them some smaller after you've had a chance set at your table for a bit. Would you please let me know what you think. Personally, I think a 5 foot table will be just fine. I think the only issue that you might run into in building the step. Differently is as I look at the pictures of the shoot. I see some people shooting off the next to the top step which means in order to achieve the same height, you would have to narrow the rest area on each step. I just took a look at the plans it is 32 inches wide. I believe you can probably leave that dimension in place and get by just fine on a 36 inch front Tee. Although if you went to a 2 inch rest you would wind up to 26 inches wide. I'm pretty sure that would work. Please let me know how this works out for you because I would love to make the equipment more compact if possible.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 02:34:48 AM »
Robin,
I haven't shot off of it yet bt have sat at it and sighted a rifle and  seems to fit, will let you know. The other thought I had for the rest is to build it with steps on one side only. It isn't fastened to the bench so it could be swung 180* for either a left or right handed shooter. Doing that would keep it at 16".
Mark
Mark