Author Topic: 1st Pistol/Carving  (Read 2985 times)

titanicslim

1st Pistol/Carving
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:55:01 AM »
Hi All!

There hasn't been much time to work on my hobby in the past year but I finally did finish a pistol for my Son's Christmas present.  This is also the first time I've attempted any carving, but I think you'll figure that out...

There are a couple of parts missing, but these are the only photos I got before sending it off to him.  With 75% more time, I probably could have made it 2% better :-[

I'm sending this out with a big "Thank you!" to all of you on the forum who have helped me make this endeavour so much fun and keep my mind off other things,  I'm sure the next project will, with a lot of your help, come out much better than this first effort!

Bob F

Re: 1st Pistol/Carving
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:54:16 AM »
I'm almost done with my first build and you gave me the courage to show it when it's done.  Like you said, it's been a learning experience with help from many others.

Now...on to the next build!

Bioprof

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
I never would have guessed that this was your first effort.   :o     You definitely have the talent worthy of starting another, and another, and another........    ;)

titanicslim

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.   I will be starting another one as soon as my backlog gets somewhat caught up.  Semi-retirement really means I'm  only able to do half my usual output . :-[

I'd love to do a brace of dueling pistols (Dyson's have got some outlandish castings :o) so maybe I'll just make the one and see how that goes.

Dave