Author Topic: Berks Co. Screwtip  (Read 8042 times)

Offline The Original Griz

Berks Co. Screwtip
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »
I dont like showing off any of my stuff, but this Berks turned out to my liking so after thinking it over for a couple days, I decided to post a couple pics. The end cap is taken from Art DeCamps book from page 76 in the Berks  section and the screwtip is taken from page 311 in the unknown section. the tip seemed to me like it could have been a Berks co. and I just liked the way it looked on this horn. App 15" overall and 2 1/2" across the cap.
Basically, just some more of my stuff ;D .....The last picture is some of the junk I have finished over the last 2 months, just figured since I was bugging you all with my stuff, I would catch it all in one post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/SS850002_zpsc1d5578f.jpg[/img]]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/SS850004_zps45636b4c.jpg[/img]]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/SS850005_zps147d3b47.jpg[/img]]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/SS850006_zps976cf4e3.jpg[/img]]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/SS850007_zpsdb0156ef.jpg[/img]]

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:39:30 PM by Griz »
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: Berks Co. Screwtip
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
Griz. I usually don't take $#@* off people.....but. that's a nice horn ;D
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
 A Beauty Tim. You really should post more of your work, I for one do not get tired of seeing it.
 This site is viewed worldwide and some folks do not get to see many examples of not only originals but well done contemporary work. I post quite a bit but it is not to say, look what I can do, I hope it gives people some encouragement and shows what can be done.   

Tim C.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »
Gorgeous horn Tim and I never grow weary looking at your craftsmanship, oops, $#@*, lol. 

Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Ahtuwisae

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »
Nice looking horn clean lines and nice architecture.  

Last picture..top right corner..the neat little box with the finial top and bottom.  would like a closer look at that.  that is a neat little item. I actually like both of the horns with the hanging straps.

Nice stuff, Tim...real nice....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:00:58 PM by PA Horner »

cjarrett

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:29:42 AM »
Nice $#@*!!!!

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
Good "crapsmanship" Always good to see other peoples work. Keeps the juices flowing.

Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »
I usually dont take no $#@* off of anyone....but, I will take all of the $#@* in the photos and be smilin like a fox eatin yaller jackets.
Very nice Grizz!

topknot
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 04:21:14 AM »
Holy Cow Bat Man!...thats some nice stuff.
tc
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:35:17 AM by T.C.Albert »
"...where would you look up another word for thesaurus..."
Contact at : huntingpouch@gmail.com

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
THANK YOU all for the nice comments, I do appreciate them. Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder why I keep making horns, but then I get out another one... must be a disease ;D
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PPatch

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »
When are you going to post the c**p? so far I see none... You have a great eye for form.

dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »
Guys please clean up your language! I would like to keep this site family friendly.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »
Dennis,
 I apologize for the "C" word and I edited my post to reflect the standards that you would like for this fine site. Please feel free to edit the other posts, so this thread is not found to be offensive to anyone. Calling my items that word has been an ongoing joke about my work for years and most folks know that is what I will call it long before it even gets on the web. I will try to stop using that reference on here. Thank you and I hope we are good..
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hornbuilder

• Starting Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 12:09:12 AM »
Guys please clean up your language! I would like to keep this site family friendly.
Dennis
Really ?????? I didn't see anyone use any offensive terms ????  where exactly does the line lay ? This comment is in NO WAY meant to cause any problems ,just to see where the line is ,,to observe it from now on ....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:10:25 AM by Hornbuilder »

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 12:26:08 AM »
Really HuhHuh I didn't see anyone use any offensive terms Huh?  where exactly does the line lay ? This comment is in NO WAY meant to cause any problems ,just to see where the line is ,,to observe it from now on ....

You didn't see it because I removed the post!

The line is for us to use language that one would use in polite company. There is no way to know who is reading our posts. ALR has viewers from all over the world. It amazes me to see the stats that show the number of viewer we have in various countries around the world.

I think most of us would like to have new blood in this hobby so lets not run young folk or ladies away with our language.
Dennis
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:37:21 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jerry P.

• Starting Member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
Well, I always enjoy seeing Tim's work and have never been offended by him...well, maybe once... :o
Just kidding, great work as always. Looking forward to seeing more! - Mrs Jerry P (Kris)
Proud member of the  Honourable Company of Horners.

Offline wpalongrifle

• gunmaker/hornsmith
    • mkarkalla.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 04:35:39 AM »
Certainly a true craftsman!!!
Refined in all aspects of horn work!!
An asset to the horn working community!!
Pleasure to see good horn work!!!!
mike karkalla
F&AM Chartiers Valley#725
North American Order of the Beaver
mkarkalla.blogspot.com

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 03:16:08 AM »
Folks, thank you once again for all the nice comments, I really do appreciate the support.
Mike, good to hear from you too, thank you...
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 01:08:45 AM »
I am fortunate enough to have a few of Tim's pieces of "art" and hope to have more in the future. A new rifle deserves a new horn if I'm not mistaken.

Nice work as always Tim!!!
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 01:51:08 AM »
B, you need to lay off the cigars and get some fresh air, it's fogging up your thinking, " art" ? Your silly. ;)
Thomas Jefferson