Author Topic: Fall Chunk Shoot 9-21-13 at Singer's  (Read 2352 times)

Offline hornturner

Fall Chunk Shoot 9-21-13 at Singer's
« on: August 25, 2013, 06:02:24 PM »
Don Singer is planning a "Fall" Chunk shoot Saturday, September 21, 2013 at Mehdia Shooting Preserve, near East Waterford, PA.  Practice shooting begins at approximately 8:00 a.m. and the match will commence around 10:00a.m. when all are ready.  The match will be ten shots off a "chunk" at 60 yards. 

Following the match there will be a light lunch with "refreshments" served along with great fellowship for all!

This match will be a little less formal than the PA Championship Match held annually in July and we hope anyone interested in this traditional type shooting event will attend.  It is always GREAT FUN!

Brin any traditional muzzleloading rifle and have a great time.

Get this event on your schedule right away and contact me by email for additional information, or directions.
Art Decamp

Old Bob

Re: Fall Chunk Shoot 9-21-13 at Singer's
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »
I wish I was closer, Art. I always enjoy the shoot in July. We always plan the trip to the in-laws so that I can drive over from Franklin County and it's only about an hour's drive. From where I'm at it's about 6 1/2. Ya'll have a good'un and remember us less fortunate. Let's see some short strings this time around!

Offline hornturner

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:21:48 AM »
I forgot to mention that the light at Singer's range in September is much more consistent and should make shooting a short string more feasible.  At least that's my recollection from the last fall shoot held there.  Either way, it will be the same for all who come and a great time for everyone!

Sorry to hear you can't make it Bob, we'll miss your fine shooting.

Old Bob

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:59 AM »
Well, if all goes well I'll be there next summer. I don't know about my shooting being so fine though. I know that you've been tearing it up pretty good!