Author Topic: Combo drill/countersink set  (Read 3319 times)

Offline T*O*F

Combo drill/countersink set
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
Enco has their combination drill/countersink sets on sale AND free shipping.  The set includes #'s 1-5 for $4.49.  These are invaluable to the home builder for countersinking various screw holes in a gun and generally do not chatter like fluted countersinks.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?DCMP=EMC-1557887&PMAKA=369-1810
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: Combo drill/countersink set
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »
They do very well to prevent "drill walking" to start a hole but the angle on the body is 60 degrees to mate up with a lathe's live or dead center :). If you have wood screws with 60 degree shoulders - great - but the ones I have run across have 82 degree shoulders  :-*. But who says you can't use them :-X.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Curt Larsen

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
Thanks.  I ordered 2 sets at that price.  I noticed that the shipping was almost as much as the price for the 2 sets.

Curt

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »
They've also got 82 and 90 degree sets, but I don't know if they are on sale too.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson