Author Topic: High Uinta Mountain Man Club's Meat Shoot  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Herb

High Uinta Mountain Man Club's Meat Shoot
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:21 AM »
This new club was just formed.  The meat shoot is where we had meat for blanket prizes, $10 worth.  I took a pound of buffalo burger and a deer roast and won two New York steaks.  I tied for first place with Terry Haney, shooting my .54 Bridger Hawken and 60 grains of Goex 3F.  Here are most of the participants, some are not in the photo.

Terry and I tied for first place, and with a storm coming they had a coin toss for the tie breaker.  Here Terry just won the coin toss.  Then we had a string shoot fund raiser, buck a shot or $5 for 6.  25 yards.  I cut my first three strings to Terry's two, then missed my next three.  We took paper bag prizes but Terry was encouraged to take mine and make me take another.  At the winner's table, the prize she took away from me turned out to be a bag of rocks!  My three were a bottle of Budweiser, a bottle of Real Tree lemon tea and a bottle of Strawberry Daiquiri beverage.

Another of the participants took photos and she may add some on to this thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:20:29 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline smylee grouch

Re: High Uinta Mountain Man Club's Meat Shoot
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:56:53 AM »
Thanks for the photos Herb. Its nice to see a few younger faces enjoying the sport.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:35:22 AM »
Herb, did you take that picture in the fall?  Where's yer snow???
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Herb

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
The shoot was November 16, two Saturdays ago.  I was waiting for more photos to be E-mailed to me, but didn't get them.  This is desert country, no snow yet, but not much in the mountains, either.  There were some 18 or 20 year olds there, they left early, but they shot a flintlock.  Turned out two of them were brother and sister to my granddaughters ex husband, though I had never met them.  Then there was another gal about the same age that shot very well, don't think she is in the photo either.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:12:16 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline heelerau

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »
Herb, bout time I came back for another visit !! You blokes are having too much fun !! Gives me an idea for a turkey shoot down under, with frozen turkeys for prizes !!

Cheers

Gordon ;D
Keep yor  hoss well shod an' yor powdah dry !

Offline Herb

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »
Hey, Gordon, be nice to see you again.  Haven't seen you in donkey's years.
Herb

Offline Cobweb

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 09:10:02 AM »
>>>Herb, bout time I came back for another visit !! You blokes are having too much fun !! Gives me an idea for a turkey shoot down under, with frozen turkeys for prizes !!<<<

Gordon ... We have grocery shoots at my club. $10 worth (not many at todays prices!) in a paper bag. Fold top over so you can't see what's in there and put your name on the side. Go shoot the course.
Top shooter gets first pick but can't pick his own bag then next guy until all pick.
You'd be suprized at what they'll put in there!!

John
Nobody can help everybody, but everybody can help somebody!

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 04:10:38 AM »
Looks like a fun group! :)
Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days