Author Topic: Lewisburg show  (Read 5201 times)

billd

Lewisburg show
« on: January 23, 2009, 05:46:06 AM »
Is there much in the way of gun part vendors at this show?  Just wondering how much restraint I'm going to need.

Bill

Online rf50cal

Re: Lewisburg show
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:08 AM »
There weren't many parts there last year. It's more of a show for Artisans to display their finished products.
Roger Fleisher

Offline Randall Steffy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »
My wife offered to ride along to Lewisburg (from Lancaster, so not so far), however I know the show will hold my attention far longer than hers. What is local to the show such as shopping malls etc. that the one who puts up with us may enjoy?
Thanks.

billd

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:11 PM »
The Lycoming Mall is north, maybe 15 miles.  Susquehanna Mall is South about the same. Lewisburg is a historical town, many old buildings and shops, and home to Bucknell University. If she's into college sports check there web site for any home games.  A guy about 10 miles west of Lewisburg has about 15 elk in his yard, 2 big bulls.  Back to the east on 80 there's the mall at Buckhorn, that's a little further than the others. Probably more than this.

Offline Nate McKenzie

• Luzerne Co. PA
    • Nathan McKenzie Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 11:54:50 PM »
Old Mill antique mall in Lewisburg.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
Hey, my wife declared this her favorite show last year.  The Country Cupboard has a huge attached gift/craft shop.   Actually it's kind of a series of combined craft &  gift areas almost like a small mall.
Kunk

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:02 AM »
I would second the Old Roller Mill - a large antique co-op that will fill up what ever portion of the day you have left after the show

http://www.rollermills.com/

Rick
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

Offline Randall Steffy

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 01:22:06 AM »
Thank-you for the spot-on replies. The Old Roller Mill Antiques sounds like a great option if the show itself doesn't do it for the better half. I am looking forward to an even better Lewisburg Show than last year and that was very good!

Offline AMartin

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:23 AM »
Hey Randall

You should do me a little favor and bring along your brother Tom as well ............ I don't believe I seen him since the 8th grade !!

See everybody there !! Pray for dry roads .....

Allen

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 02:05:35 AM »
Hey Randall

You should do me a little favor and bring along your brother Tom as well ............ I don't believe I seen him since the 8th grade !!

See everybody there !! Pray for dry roads .....

Allen

That's the problem. It is about a 7 hour drive for us due east  Left her this AM headed for Columbus 30 miles away, it was nice and clear, weatherman said possibility of snow showers. I'll bet the people in those 7 or 8 accidents we saw would dispute the term snow showers. OMG!
 Hope you have a great turnout and would like to be there but I am afraid Mr Murphy would have to go along and he could definitely put a damper on things.

Tim C.

PS: Watch, there will be a heat wave.   

J Shingler

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
It would be either This show or Dixons. ... I am going to have to go with Dixons this year. Maybe next year as it will not be the 25th wedding anniversary. That will give me another week for gun shows and such right!  ::)

Offline Blackpowder Barbie

• Jim Chambers Flintlocks
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 06:22:39 AM »
I'm not sure what all Dad is planning on bringing, but I should think we should have some locks at least.  I'll ask him next time he calls home from vacation.
Barbie Chambers-Phillips