Author Topic: Green Mountain Swamped Barrels  (Read 2831 times)

Offline moleeyes36

Green Mountain Swamped Barrels
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
For any of you that are looking for a GM swamped barrel, you'd better start checking with vendors to see what they might have on hand.  I emailed GM about them and got this in return:

Hi ,
   The swamp barrels have been discontinued. 
Thank you for your inquiry.

Michael Hagar
Dealer/Retail Sales
Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co.
Tel: (603) 447-1095

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

kaintuck

Re: Green Mountain Swamped Barrels
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
Ah well.....times change, that will make the boys at colerain and rice happy! Oops...and our girl Barbie with her barrels:D
Charles in his Ky mountain home takes care of me anyways...
Marc

Offline Stophel

• Chris Immel
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
They've been discontinued for some time, actually, from what I understand.  They only made swamped barrels for a short period of time... a few years.  They stopped in order to devote that production line towards making barrels for zip guns.   :P
When a reenactor says "They didn't write everything down"   what that really means is: "I'm too lazy to look for documentation."

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
They've been discontinued for some time, actually, from what I understand.  They only made swamped barrels for a short period of time... a few years.  They stopped in order to devote that production line towards making barrels for zip guns.   :P

Yes, they dropped a lot of their ML barrels awhile back.  But since they list them on their website I thought I'd check on the status.  Apparently they also don't update their website.  I have a FCI barrel on order from Charlie Burton and I just called Jason at Rice last week and bought a barrel from him so it's no skin of my nose.  It's just a shame to lose another supplier of ML components.
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer