Author Topic: Chambers German jaeger flintlock  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Ezra

Chambers German jaeger flintlock
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:05:39 AM »
Has anyone seen a photo of this new lock?  Worked with it?  I'm not sure why they have not updated their website yet with photos of this new lock and their English pistol.  You can find the new flintlock listed in the attached

http://www.flintlocks.com/pdf/pricesheet.pdf

Ez
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:06:33 AM by Ezra »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Chambers German jaeger flintlock
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
 Barbie told me about a new Jaeger lock they were in process of getting
 tooling made for but didn't say any more about it. They had one Germanic
 style lock on display and I asker her if ANYone had the ability to make a gun ugly enough
to use that lock. She said I'd be surprised.Whatever it is she's doing,I wish her all the
success in the world.

Bob Roller

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 03:40:09 PM »
I love locks like that, Bob. That doesn't make them prettier in your eyes, I suppose. You also have to look beyond the lock to the style of gunstock the lock demands.

I spoke with Barbie and Jim a few months ago, expressing interest in that early round faced Germanic lock. Jim said it was in limited production, as HE was the assembler until all the proper tooling had been made up.

A hand made lock is a lot of work. But making a new lock production design is a labor of Hercules. Tooling up all the molds to make a new lock is a tremendous labor. Once the molds are tuned to produce good parts, then the drill and assembly jigs must be made before the lock can be put into production.

Skiing, trout fishing and lawn mowing also have an impact on production when you're a small workshop.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:17:50 PM »
My Blunderbuss class used this lock in 2012. It is very early (ca 1700). It is a round face lock with a curve on the bottom of the plate. Functions well, as do all the locks from the Champbers shop. Wallace Gusslers class used the same lock that year for smooth bore class he taught at Bowling Green. If I run across any photos, I will try getting them posted.

Ron

kaintuck

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:19:22 AM »
Ron, please post if you can....I have a up-comming build!
Marc