Author Topic: ahhhh....vacation and building!  (Read 2824 times)

kaintuck

ahhhh....vacation and building!
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
another day off...set the lock plate in...thursday i may just put all the guts in it and then do the trigger.....and maybe friday the TG......

:grin:

and tomtom layed on the floor and slept the whole time! :idunno:  :surrender:

oh and yes.....more wood needs rasped off.............. ;D

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: ahhhh....vacation and building!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:24:23 AM »
That's got makins for a slim gun. I like the stock shape, and the sweep thru the wrist/breech.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Old Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:24:20 AM »
I drive a school bus and I start my vacation next Thursday. I've been building a new shooting box using dovetail joints (still learning). All I have left to do is forge the hardware, but I picked up a tapered .40 cal. Bill Large barrel (new old stock) and I've had to start a rifle for my wife. It won't be in time for her birthday, but she doesn't seem to mind. It's looking like a tough one. It's an old precarve and as usual the lock mortise doesn't line up properly with the breech which means I have to set the barrel back at least 1/8 of an inch which wouldn't be a big deal but whoever chopped out this stock didn't leave much wood where it's needed the most. But it's very highly figured and I built another rifle 2 years ago from its twin. Too nice not to try. But anyhow, I've been working on stuff between bus runs and now I'll have a little more time to get something done. That looks like a nice piece you've got started there.

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »
I go on vacation to the seashore and take lock and brass parts to work on.  And I like the seashore.

kaintuck

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
That's got makins for a slim gun. I like the stock shape, and the sweep thru the wrist/breech.

Yup......looking like this one will be a barrel with a miniskirt of wood... :D

It's a Dave keck Lancaster pattern with a Burton 'B weight barrel, dunlops wood, chambers lock...I'm just trying to squeeze it all together!!! ;D

Marc