Author Topic: need lock inlet  (Read 2770 times)

mlbrant

need lock inlet
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:45:42 AM »
I have a precarved (shaped, barrel and ramrod channel inlet) pistol stock. My carving and inletting skills are not great. I need the lock inlet. Can anyone suggest someone who could do this for me? ??? ???

jamesthomas

Re: need lock inlet
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:27:28 AM »
I have a precarved (shaped, barrel and ramrod channel inlet) pistol stock. My carving and inletting skills are not great. I need the lock inlet. Can anyone suggest someone who could do this for me? ??? ???

There are quite a few folks on here that can help, Try the member Kaintuck he might can help you out.

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:13:08 AM »
Where are you located?

Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

kaintuck

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:52 PM »
well, i think i could.....but to inlet the lock, it's flash hole positioned by the barrel....is that determined yet?....barrel, hole,lock, trigger,lock bolts location......i needs moe info~

marc n tomtom

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
You are not going to like my answer but you should really do it. There are skills that are practiced and utilized inletting the lock that you will use elsewhere on the build.  The same skills for inletting the lock are used to inlet everything else. My first build i inletted the lock in scrap twice. So by the time i did it on the stock i was pretty familiar.

Perhaps a better question would be to ask about what specific aspects you are struggling with and we can help with that.

Coryjoe

Offline Gary Tucker

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:22 AM »
I'm in Georgetown if that's close to you.  I could do it for you or help you do it.
Gary
Gary Tucker