Author Topic: lancaster brass..................tims done it again!  (Read 3523 times)

kaintuck

lancaster brass..................tims done it again!
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:25 AM »
Tim has finished the engraving........ ;D :o

can't wait till shes all back together....i'll send finished pics....... ;D ;D ;D

business end....

marc n tomtom

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
Re: lancaster brass..................tims done it again!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:11:56 AM »
Real nice looking engraving.  I love the loose nature of it.  It seems many professional engravers who aren't rifle builders miss the feel of longrifle engraving, but this has captured it well. 

Jim

Stuartg

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »
Those engravers just amaze the mess out of me. Looks great!

Offline flehto

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:52:03 PM »
Tim Adlam is a friend of 25 years and is a very talented engraver/artist who resides in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  Tim has the faculty to "put on different hats" depending on the style that's suitable for the gun and it's time period. He engraves guns from the early LRs to modern stuff w/ equal artistry. My usual instructions to him.......don't overshadow  my humble attempt at building a LR w/ your engraving. He also does knives and various other projects needing his expertise......Fred
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:54:10 PM by flehto »

Whaleman

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Very nice. Is it appropriate to ask for complete contact info along with the cost for this work. Thanks,Dan

Offline flehto

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »
As friends, I just drop off the brass  parts along w/ a pic from one of the references and he does his "own thing". When he's done, he tells me the price and that's it.  Possibly Marc can relate his experience w/ Tim......Fred

kaintuck

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:45:43 AM »
Very nice. Is it appropriate to ask for complete contact info along with the cost for this work. Thanks,Dan
Dan, Google Tim adlam engraving.....it will take you to his site with his contact info. He charges by the hour, and a very reasonable rate. I send the parts, with a copy of the idea and or just turn him loose, as a true artist he is!......wrap up your parts, insure, and mail them to him.....current backlog is around 30 - 60 days on some items, I think.
There are other great engravers, some are right here, I just know Tim, and have been asking him to do thing for years......

Good luck on your rifle...

Marc n tomtom