Author Topic: Chunk Gun Barrel  (Read 2890 times)

Offline WKevinD

Chunk Gun Barrel
« on: November 26, 2014, 02:11:30 AM »
If there are any chunk builders out there that want a project to keep them busy this winter I have the start of one for you.
I have a Getz .50 x 45"  1 1/8"  #20215 chunk gun barrel I lost the breech plug.
This has been in my barn for almost 10 years. I put it there along with a few other bbls after my house and shop burned. I had a 1/2 gallon of reagent grade Nitric acid in the shop that vaporized (read as coated everything with a fine mist). The outside surface of the barrel has a "patina" (read as looks like $#@*) the bore had been well lubed at the time so it held up well. I am building a rifle with one of the bbls  right now, I had Don check it out and it came thru the ordeal straight but well aged.
If it's something your interested in let me know-you pay the freight and the bbl is yours, it is too nice to toss out and I'd rather see it go to someone who will use it.
Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hank*in*WV

Re: Chunk Gun Barrel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 02:23:14 AM »
Burnt, I'd like to take you up on that offer, if it's still available.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline spiderman852

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »
PM sent

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:29:35 AM »
Hank in WV your first, lets get together.
Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hank*in*WV

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »
PMSent
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 03:16:44 AM »
the price wuz right!

;D

Hold to the Wind