Author Topic: chambers lock  (Read 2081 times)

Offline k varga

• Starting Member
chambers lock
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »
Just got a  golden age haines kit from dunlaps, asked Dan if the lock was  a CHAMBERS when I placed the order he said yes.  The lock I have is the golden age lock but it is unmarked, would chambers let a lock go out unsigned?

Offline frogwalking

Re: chambers lock
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »
Yes.  I have a lock in my hand that I bought directly from Chamber's last month.  There are no marks of any kind on it.  Sometimes, when you buy a kit from someone other than Chambers, the kit seller increases his profits by buying the lock kit from Chambers and making it himself.  A lock that has been obtained this way may not have the Chamber's warranty.  I think Dunlap's would guarantee the lock.
Quality, schedule, price; Pick any two.

Birddog6

Re: chambers lock
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 11:11:25 PM »
Chambers locks are unmarked, unless their builder puts a personal mark on it.  They know if they built
it or not, as they know HOW they build them.  Also, on that Chambers Golden Age Lock, if Chambers built
it, the hammer retaining screw will have a rounded head, instead of the normal squared/beveled edge one.

Besides, if Dunlaps said it is a Chambers,  it will be a Chambers lock.....   ;)

Keith Lisle