Author Topic: Don Getz(Service information added)  (Read 39820 times)

Offline Virginiarifleman

Re: Don Getz(Service information added)
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2014, 01:15:20 AM »
i am so sorry to hear Don has passed away. May he always be rememberd and God be with his family.

Offline Pat_Cameron

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2014, 03:42:07 AM »
I never did meet Don. Although, through his many comments here, I felt like
I knew him.
I was reading a thread in Over the Fence.
The thread had a comment from Don, Dated November 2014.
So I went to his Information and clicked on last posting.
It was kind of weird reading some of his last comments. Kind of sad as well.
Like reaching back in time for a few minutes.
Last Active for Don Shows November 17, 2014
I think his last post was November 08th.

Pat Cameron
AMERICAN LONGHUNTER
Seasoned woodsmen that depend on skill and knowledge to lead them to a successful hunt rather than the crutch of modern technology

http://www.americanlonghunter.com

Old Bob

Re: Don Getz
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2014, 05:19:20 AM »

Don, we’re sure gonna miss you.

Do you think they are talking about guns???

Don with #76

Don with #78.

Don with #80

My sincere condolences to the Getz family.  

-Ron

That pic with Bob Hoyt and the two Dons is a familiar sight. In fact, that's my big foot sticking out on the right. We'll miss the ol' feller at that shoot. I've heard that Don Singer is sick now. I hate to hear that. Hope it's not as bad as I hear. Have any of you PA boys heard anything? I could call, but I hate to bug him.

nthe10ring

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »
Lew Sanchez introduced me to Don at Friendship not long after he and his brother bought out Paris. Don was a great guy with lots of good stories. He will be missed. My condolences to the family.

Jerry Fisher

Ric27

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2014, 04:37:30 AM »
Don was the kind of special guy that automatically treated you with all the respect in the world first off and from then on. He always showed real interest in what I had to say and had real purpose in making sure I got what I was wanting. A top notch business man and a maker of fine rifled barrels.

Ric Lambert   

Offline kentucky bucky

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
I only met him one time and talked about some guns and one he built that he showed me. As soon as he saw I was really interested and appreciated the same things everybody on here does, he treated me as a friend. I never forgot that. Sorry to hear of his passing and I hope the Lord comforts his family.

Offline sonny

« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2014, 04:20:15 PM »
I don't believe it!. When I heard about Don, I was shocked, an angered about why anyone would say such a thing about the "master". When I  started asking around, an then found out it was true, I was floored!!!!.......My God Jon, I am so sorry for your loss!. What a wonderful person your father was! you both are!!!! My condolences to the you and the family during this difficult time..........T. Salek

jamesthomas

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:58 AM »
 I wish I could have met him just to shake his hand, he gave a lot to our community, and this year I going to try to make it up to Friendship (Spring-Summer?) with a list in my hand of people I see here and take some pictures. I've heard it is one the things a Black powder person needs to do at least once.

Offline QuanLoi

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2014, 05:31:12 AM »
I remember Don from the Dixon fair and I'm sorry to say I never spoke to him.  He always had a crowd of people around him and judging by the number of posts regarding his passing, he was blessed with many friends.  May he rest in peace.