Author Topic: Finally Finished My Wife's BD Present for Last June  (Read 4480 times)

Old Bob

Finally Finished My Wife's BD Present for Last June
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:57:15 AM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:59:17 AM by Old Bob »

Offline old george

Re: Finally Finished My Wife's BD Present for Last June
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:15:04 AM »
Nice looking rifle :) What cal. is it?

Geo
I cannot go to Hades: Satan has a restraining order against me. :)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:26:22 AM »
what happened to the forestock?didja run outta wood before ye got that far??hahah.just kiddin,at least hit be a rocklock.When you gonna get her[yer wife] out shootin?Nice job,bro.Dave

Old Bob

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:27:00 AM »
Thanks. George it's a .40 Bill Large tapered. Hope to get out Saturday and do a little preliminary sighting in. The wife has an engagement so we'll have to get out later so she can sight it to suit her.

Old Bob

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 05:44:43 AM »
Dave, I didn't have any iron underribs and I'm a little nervous about drilling blind holes in a barrel, especially a tapered one so...I thought I'd do another wooden one.

She wants to get out and start shooting again. We were out last year and she got to using my .32 and when I picked up that barrel at the sale I figgered the time had come to build her one of her own. She already had a TC Cherokee, but it just didn't cut it. She used it some when we were still over at Blue Lick. She says she'd rather get started back up without a bunch around. She can't come Saturday anyway cause she and Hannah are setting up shop at a big comic book convention in Huntington.

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 03:40:08 AM »
Looks good. Should be a shooter. Is that one of those locks you built up out of parts? We missed you last month at the match. Was there a chunk gun shoot somewhere? See you tomorrow? I had better get the cornbread made.
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Old Bob

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:08 AM »
Actually, it's the one off my .32. I've got to get a few parts to finish the one for this rifle. But I wanted to do some preliminary sighting in tomorrow. If nothing happens, I'll be there.

Old Bob

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:00:10 AM »
Dave, you left too soon. All I had to do was knock the rear sight over once and I was cuttin' center at 25. Shot some 8's and 9"s at 50. I think I got one of Bill's good ones. .395 ball over 40 grs. Loads easier than it does my GM barrels. I'm not used to these short guns, but the wife may have trouble gettin' it away from me.

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:13 AM »
If you knows whas good fer ye,an even ifn ye don't,best take a lessin frum this Old Man an be a turnin loose of her shootin arn,lest ye end up keepin ol brother Bill Large company at the home fer old gunsmiths.hahah,really looks better in person,oops,rifle.I like the way you worked that nose cap lookin thingy into the small fullstock.lol,Dave F ;D

Old Bob

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 05:42:38 AM »
She says I can shoot it anytime I want. I guess except when she's usin' it.